You matter to your coach!



Last night our AAA Nationals played our final game. I'm at work this morning wishing this team could stay together. We won a bunch; we lost a few; but that’s not why I am saddened the season is over.


Our kids and parents were the best! Win or lose, our parents were enthusiastic, positive, & supportive. The players reflected their good parents: well-behaved, disciplined, and respectful of coaches and each other.


Do you know how rare it is to find a team full of families like that?


I’ve experienced 3 kinds of players & families:

Type 1: After the season if you find out they are part of a church, you think, “I’d go to church with them.”

Type 2: After the season if you find out they are part of a church, you think, “Either they are part of a weak church, or they aren’t serious about their faith.”

Type 3: Those who claim no faith and bring no shame to Jesus.


In the heat of battle, I am the FIRST to forget this momentarily! My Nats families have reminded me how much our conduct matters more than what we claim. New Lifers, you matter to your coaches – more than you may realize.


Thanks AAA Nationals.



Brett Andrews, Lead Guy

0 comments:

Post a Comment